Pages

Dec 11, 2013

The Tecsun PL-880 shortwave receiver - a winner!

I have been carefully watching the news come out now that the Tecsun PL-800 is available in North America.

I have seen several very interesting videos on YouTube about this radio as new users discover many hidden features that are not advertised in the sales literature. Normally, I read about these new models and then move along; I have many portable shortwave receivers already including a PL-600, but this one looks like a winner.I have already ordered mine and am awaiting shipment. Once I get it, I'll be sure to post some video on my YouTube channel demonstrating it.


Some of the hidden features I've heard about:
  • Variable bandwidth control
  • Digital Noise Reduction
  • Variable FM line-out level
  • SSB zero-beat calibration
  • clock seconds display
  • FM de-emphasis
Some other things I really like about this receiver. It uses one 3.5 volt lithium rechargeable battery (supplied) and comes with a USB charger. Nice! And...

  • stereo earphone
  • SW wire antenna
  • protective carrying pouch
  • charging cable
  • Amateur Radio World Map
  • English manual

With features like this, one can see why I am calling the Tecsun PL-800 a winner - go out and buy one for yourself today!!
    Post a Comment