Pages

Feb 14, 2013

Good deal on the Yaesu FT-1900R

Since we moved to our new QTH outside of the city, I am no longer able to easily hit the local repeaters with my HT in the house. I don't do a lot of work on VHF/UHF, but I should at least maintain the ability to talk to the local hams, especially since I don't know any of them yet.

I was looking at a couple of rigs:
  • Yaesu FT-1900R
  • Kenwood TM-281
  • Alinco DR-135T
I don't have many requirements for this rig except that it have a wide range of power output (low as well as high), and I want a readable display.

YouTube comes in really handy when looking for demos of radios. I live 50 miles from the nearest ham radio outlet, so seeing them in operation really helps.

I think I'm going to choose the Yaesu FT-1900R. There's currently a $30 rebate at Radioworld that makes it the cheapest one of the bunch, and it looks and sounds great in the videos.

Yaesu FT-1900R Two Meter VHF Amateur Ham Radio mobile transceiver
Yaesu FT-1900R Two Meter VHF Amateur Ham Radio mobile transceiver

Features

  • 200 Channel AlPhaNumeric with PL & DPL (ctcss & dcs).
  • Very Compact, 55 Watts Outpt power with lower Power settings as well.
  • Receives NOAA Weather & 136-174Mhz, Transmits 144-148Mhz.
  • Includes lighted microphone, mounting bracket & 134.8Vdc power cable.
Post a Comment