Pages

May 21, 2012

Buddipole does DX to Sweden

This weekend in Canada we celebrate Victoria Day every year, and it kind of marks the kick-off of the summer season for everyone. I took the opportunity to setup my portable station on my deck in the back garden with the hopes of working some DX stations.

My portable station consists of:
  • Icom IC-7000 multi-band HF rig
  • LDG IT-100 auto-tuner for above (my first time with this)
  • Buddipole antenna with the tripod & extension pole
  • YouKits FG-01 antenna analyzer
Conditions were not good. Saturday saw no contacts at all. Sunday the same. Finally, on Monday I heard some stations on 15 meters. A station in Abu Dubai had a huge pileup, some French and Croatian stations too.

My little weekend project would finally be rewarded with a QSO into Sweden. Ulf Jonsson, SA3ANZ

Click to view larger images
Buddipole
VE3CNU portable

YouKits FG-01 Antenna Analyzer


SA3ANZ
Post a Comment