Pages

Feb 18, 2012

Is CB Radio Dead?

Some of you are going to scratch your heads at me today. I went out and bought a CB radio for the ham shack. Now why would I do that? CB is nothing but a bunch of truck drivers and illegal operators isn't it? Well, I don't know.  I haven't been on a CB radio since the late 1970s, before I had my ham ticket. I used to have a lot of fun on the CB with my friends from High School. I was lucky to have used it just before the big fad hit. Once that happened, I didn't want to be a part of it any more.

I bought this one for $90 new. It's a Uniden Bearcat 680. I'm adding it to the shack just to have one more thing to listen to. I don't imagine I'll be talking on it too much. I don't even know if there's anybody still on the band.  I guess I'll soon find out!



Is CB Dead?

Post a Comment