Pages

Jan 15, 2012

Pileup into Namibia

Today I was very lucky to work a station in Africa (V5/DJ2HD). For me, that happens once every few years. Today's contact was to Namibia on the 20 meter band. There was a serious pileup, and the operator was working them as quickly as he could. He had a tremendous signal into North America and the band had practically no noise.

I managed to capture the contact on video too. Listen as I try and try to break through the pileup for 5 minutes. What it til the end though, there's a surprise ending.  This technique, plus the fact I was given a wide open space as he asked for Victor Echo stations. I think I scooped another VE station, but I gave him plenty of opportunity to call.

Here's the video.


Here are some VOACAP predictions for today.


Post a Comment