Pages

May 5, 2011

Wouxun KG-UVD1P

Just got my brand new Wouxun KG-UVD1P walkie talkie in the mail. They're usually called HT's by us hams, which is short for handie talkie, but I've seen a real handie talkie - they were like a lunch box with a microphone coming out of it. Anyway, I digress.

Here is my unboxing video of the KG-UVD1P, showing you everything that comes in the box.



The radio seems quite solidly built. As soon as you turn it on, a woman's voice in Chinese announces something - I don't know what.

I was surprised to find the manual is ONLY in Chinese. If you have trouble figuring out menus as such in these devices, you might want to think twice before buying. I got the hang of it pretty quickly, and had my local repeater programmed, with CTCSS and all in about 5 minutes.

I'm pretty happy with this purchase. The price was incredible. $104, shipped to my door.

Addendum: I found where you can download the English manual for the Wouxun here.
Post a Comment