Pages

May 7, 2011

New Icom IC-7000

I was lucky enough to get XYL approval last week to buy myself a new Icom IC-7000. I plan on doing some portable work this summer.

Here are a couple of short videos I made. One is an unboxing video, you know, what's in the box, etc. The second video is the first power on of the IC-7000 to capture my own first impression of the rig.

Since I already own an Icom 756-Pro, this radio was very easy to learn. By comparison, it has many of the same features as the 756, but using all the functions takes a lot more menu navigation. It's kind of like comparing a point and shoot camera to a SLR style camera. On the SLR, all the functions are right there at the push of a dedicated button. On the point and shoot, you have to find the function, buried in a menu somewhere. Still, the radio works wonderfully, the display is very well done, and I have already made cross Atlantic QSOs without too much trouble.


Post a Comment