I think I found a better solution at half the cost! Here is a 7" LCD monitor designed for automotive deployments but would make a perfect ham shack addition. I bought one of these on eBay for $22 USD. I am not connected in any way with sellers of these (thus no link) but I highly recommend any IC-7000 owner go and get one of these beauties!
7" Color TFT LCD Car Rearview Monitor with 2 video input, works perfectly with car rearview cameras, supports Car DVD/serveillance camera/STB/satellite receiver/other video equipment.
1 x 7" Car Monitor
1 x Holder
1 x Bracket
1 x Video & Power Cable
1 x Remote Controller
1 x User Manual
- 7" LED Backlight Color TFT LCD monitor.
- High-resolution picture.
- Full color LED backlight display.
- With 2 AV input.
- AV1 connects to car DVD, VCR and other video equipment.
- AV2 to car backup camera.
- Parking rearview priority: The monitor will start up automatically, and synchronously display the video from rearview camera when you're backing your car; the monitor will close itself after backing. Scenes will cut to rearview camera automatically while you're backing the car and change back to the original scene after that.
- Screen rotatable.
- Screen ratio 16:9/4:3 adjustable.
- Brightness/contrast/color adjustable.
- 2 ways to install: standing or mounting.
- Low power consumption.
- No Audio input or output.
- Comes with an IR remote controller.
- Screen Size:7 inch
- Display Component: Color TFT-LCD
- Number of Dots: 480W * RGB * 234H
- Contrast Ratio: 100:1
- Response Time: B→W 30ms W→B 10ms
- Video Frequency: PAL/NTSC
- Power Consumption: Around 8W
- Video: Two way video input
- Housing: ABS
- Color: Black
- Product Dimensions: 195*135*25mm (L*W*D)
- Product weight: 379g
- Package dimensions: 212x155x93mm
- Package weight: 704g